Home ›› 06 Jun 2023 ›› Governance

Juvenile siblings die after pesticide spray at home

UNB . Dhaka
06 Jun 2023 00:00:00 | Update: 05 Jun 2023 23:05:05
Juvenile siblings die after pesticide spray at home

Two young siblings died after inhaling toxic insecticide – intended to kill cockroaches – at their home in Dhaka’s Bashundhara residential area on Sunday.

The deceased children – Shayen Mobarat Jahin, 15, and his young brother Shahil Mobarat Johan, 9 – were sons of Mobarak Hossain and Sharmin Jahan Lima.

Police and the children’s family said workers of a pest control service sprayed insecticide at their new home in Bashundhara’s Block I last Friday. The family members left the house after insecticide was applied.

On Sunday, the family returned to the house and fell sick after inhaling the pesticide, and they were rushed to Evercare Hospital in Dhaka, they said.

Nine-year-old Johan died early Sunday and Jahin passed away at night while undergoing treatment at the hospital.

Md Asaduzzaman, officer-in-charge of Bhatara police station, confirmed the deaths today, saying that the deceased’s father is taking preparation to lodge a complaint in this regard.