Home ›› National

2 boys in Bashundhara die after ‘pesticide poisoning’

UNB . Dhaka
05 Jun 2023 18:39:25 | Update: 05 Jun 2023 18:42:45
2 boys in Bashundhara die after ‘pesticide poisoning’
— Representational Photo

Two young siblings died after inhaling toxic insecticide - intended to kill cockroaches - at their home in Dhaka's Bashundhara residential area on Sunday.

The deceased children - Shayen Mobarat Jahin, 15, and his young brother Shahil Mobarat Johan, 9 - were sons of Mobarak Hossain and Sharmin Jahan Lima.

Police and the children's family said workers of a pest control service sprayed insecticide at their new home in Bashundhara's Block I last Friday. The family members left the house after insecticide was used.

On Sunday, the family returned to the house and fell sick after inhaling the pesticide, and they were rushed to Evercare Hospital in Dhaka, they said.

Nine-year-old Johan died early Sunday and Jahin passed away at night while undergoing treatment at the hospital.

Md Asaduzzaman, officer-in-charge of Bhatara police station, confirmed the deaths today, saying that the deceased's father is taking preparation to lodge a complaint in this regard.