Home ›› 04 Aug 2021 ›› Sport

Indian Premier League

Shakib and Mustafiz likely to receive NOC

Staff Correspondent
04 Aug 2021 00:00:00 | Update: 04 Aug 2021 11:42:55
Shakib and Mustafiz likely to receive NOC

Bangladesh Cricket Board is open to give No Objection Certificate to Shakib Al Hasan and Mustafizur Rahman to play in the remainder of the Indian Premier League, said Cricket Operations Chairman Akram Khan.

Akram told the media that with the rescheduling of England’s tour of Bangladesh, there would not be any possible schedule clash that will allow the board to spare the two cricketers from national duty for the remaining matches of the IPL, scheduled to take place at UAE.

“Yes, if they apply and if we do not have any international commitment, they can go and take part in the IPL,” Akram told the media on Tuesday.

“We are yet to receive any official letter from them in this regard, and if we get that board will make a decision,” he added.

Shakib was playing for Kolkata Knight Riders, whereas Mustafizur Rahman was playing for Rajasthan Royals when the T20 league was indefinitely postponed in May as covid infections were increasing among the team members due to breaches in multiple bio-bubbles.

Both cricketers from Bangladesh were sent home in a chartered flight on May 6 and served lengthy quarantine ahead of the Tigers series against Sri Lanka.

The 2021 edition of the IPL was postponed on May 4 and the cash-rich league is to resume on September 19, and the remaining matches will take place in UAE.

Bangladesh had a series against England during October but on Tuesday, both BCB and England Cricket Board confirmed that the tour had been pushed back to March 2023, allowing Shakib and Mustafiz to take part in IPL as no national team engagement is fixed yet on that window.

Moreover, the World T20 will also take place in the UAE and Oman and BCB is likely to give NOC to the players for a handful of experience ahead of the showcase event.

×